Recently I discovered a paid service for home exercise videos (mostly yoga) called Alo Moves. So far it has worked well for me:
- One of my favorite teachers Dharma Mittra has asana and pranayama classes on their platform.
- There are series of daily classes focusing on one skill: split, back bend, hand stand, etc. Many of them last for a month.
- There are short classes from 10 to 30 minutes long.
- It’s even cheaper than ClassPass: mine is $199 for a year.
Here is a 30 minutes sample of Dharma’s charging practice on Youtube. The full class is 60 minutes.
Before the pandemic, I had ClassPass membership, which is cheaper and more versatile than a regular studio membership. Both Alo Moves and ClassPass provide live streaming classes and on-demand videos. However, I find Alo Moves is better.
- Live streaming classes don’t work for me since I am only free late at night.
- The on-demand classes from Alo Moves are of better quality than ClassPass. The ones from ClassPass are similar to any free Youtube videos.
If you are interested in Alo Moves, please consider using my referral link. You will get a free 30-day trial, and I will get $25 credit.